Those who lead sedentary lifestyle will have problems with their glutes, they will become sore and atrophied.
You shouldn’t neglect these muscles because they play a vital role in maximizing the strength in your legs, supporting your spine and stabilizing your pelvis.
You can improve your posture only by strengthening your glutes, which is beneficial for running, high intensity sports and much more.
You will also prevent injuries if you build up your glutes. All you need to do is to spend 15 minutes few time in a week to exercise and you will get your butt firm and strong.
Click next to see the most effective exercises to build up your gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus.
- You need to lay with your back on the ground and your knee bent, planting your feet firmly on the ground. Put your feet a little more than a hip’s width apart and they should sit parallel to your knees.
- Now you should place a light dumbbell or place on your hips and lift them of the floor by tightening your glutes, thighs and abs. On the other hand, if you are a beginner, try this exercise without the dumbbell.
- Lower down the starting position, keeping your hips slightly above the ground.
- Do 15 repetitions in three sets.
- You need to stand up straight with legs at hip’s width apart.
- Now step forward with your right leg and bend your knee at 90 degrees. Hold 5 seconds in this position.
- Go to the initial position and change legs.
- Do 10-20 repetitions in 3 sets.
- You can use light dumbbells in order to increase intensity and build your strength.
Our Recent Holistic Living Video
- To perform this exercise you’ll need to stand with your legs at hip’s width apart, your toes turned outward and your arms straight out in front of you.
- Keep you glutes and abs tight as you squat down. Keep your back straight and your knees in line with your toes.
- Stay in this position and raise and lower your but as if you are bouncing.
- Bounce 15 times and return to the initial position .
- Make 15 repetitions in three sets. To get a deeper stretch, use dumbbells.
- To perform this exercise, you will need to start on the ground with your knees and and hands at hip’s and shoulder’s width apart.
- Raise your leg towards the ceiling while keeping your glutes and abs tight so that your foot is directly above your butt. In order to avoid injuring your spine, make sure to keep you to thigh no higher than your torso.
- Hold the position and slowly return your knee towards the ground without touching it.
- Repeat 15 times on each leg in three sets. You can also boost your workout by strapping on ankle weights.
- You should start in the same position as for the donkey kick, but open your right leg towards the side, opening your hip and keeping your right thigh parallel to the floor.
- Bring your knee to the initial position without touching the ground .
- Repeat the movement 15 time and perform three sets on each leg.