It is important that you use organic and therapeutic grade essential oils, as it is all natural in its chemical composition. Its imperative because the oil’s frequency, chemistry and frequency all add in to the therapeutic benefits.
We have all heard that “eating carrots can improve eyesight” ,but, there are quite a bit of essential oils that have vision-enhancing benefits and can improve eye aesthetic.
Caution: Keep essential oils away from your eyes and eyelids. In 1997, Dr. Terry Friedmann, MD, applied juniper and sandalwood around his eyes, over eyebrows and on cheeks. He used caution and was careful not to rub the oils into his eye. Supplements were taken, however he bases his vision enhancements from the use of the two essential oils.
Dr. Axe says,“Frankincense oil has been demonstrated to improve eyesight, helichrysum oil improves vision and supports nerve tissue and cypress essential oil improve circulation which can improve macular degeneration. Apply 3 drops of any of these essential oils 2x daily on cheeks and lateral eye area but do not put directly into eyes.”
When it comes to blurred vision try out Peppermint, Lavendar, or Helichrysum. Apply around the eyes and above eyebrows, and on cheeks. Use caution when applying near your eyes.
- CYPRESS: strengthens capillaries and improves circulation.
- FRANKINCENSE: reduces inflammation and can reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- LAVENDER: promotes tissue regeneration; is soothing for skin
- LEMONGRASS: tones and assists in regeneration of connective tissue; promotes lymph flow; dilates blood vessels, strengthens vascular walls; improves circulation
- SANDALWOOD: revitalizes and hydrates skin; supports circulation
Here’s some TIPS for essential oil use for your eyes:
Only apply the oils around the socket of your eye, and not in the eye as it can cause pain. If you get them in your eye on accident, do not use water to clean your eyes, as it helps to spread the oils.
Use coconut, olive or almond oil to carry the oils out of your eye. If an emergency or a serious health issue occurs, talk with a doctor!