When we don’t use some of our muscles for a long time, they often tend to debilitate.
A perfect example would be a leg injury like for example a broken bone (fibula) in which you must be relaxed and use a wheelchair so that you can let the bone cure properly.
Meanwhile the muscles will not be active and therefore they become weaker. It’s the same with the muscles that surround your eyes.
It happens when people usually wear glasses but don’t do any exercises for their eyes, so their vision starts to weaken little by little. We need to exercise our eyes just like we exercise any other muscle in our body.
We also need to follow several rules:
- Close your eyes in several minutes at every 2-3 hours so that you can rest them.
- Use eye gymnastics which contains 16 exercises (IMAGE)
- Get rid of your glasses
- Use massages in the specific points every day: (IMAGE)
- Apply a light pressure in the ocular balloon with the index fingertip.
- Press the ocular balloon lightly but without any pain. Press these points with the index finger twice.
- It is recommended to look in the distance while you travel.
- Consume carrot juice with several drops of olive oil.
- Wash your eyes with lukewarm water.
- Avoid using the PC or tablet at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- Use the Indian exercise called “Trataka“ in order to establish the vision:
To perform the Trataka, you need to concentrate on an image or some element and look at it for some time, bearing in mind that the final target is to have the brain centered on the image with clear thoughts.
When you feel tears falling down, close your eyes and give them a rest. The target of this exercise is that you can keep your eyes open for more time before tears start falling down.