To be honest with you, I really think that every home should have hydrogen peroxide in their medicine cabinet. And yes, we often see hydrogen peroxide as one of those essentials in any first aid kit. When we put hydrogen peroxide on our injury it bubbles up, stings a bit, and then we are ready to stick the bandage on. Hydrogen peroxide, or H2O2, is very chemically similar to water, or H2O, except for it has an extra Oxygen atom.
But, did you know that this extra Oxygen atom is easily expunged to react with its environment, often at the expense of living microorganisms in its vicinity. In other words, hydrogen peroxide is able to disinfect and sanitize at the microbial level. And, ladies and gentlemen, today is your lucky day, because in this article we’re going to show you 20 amazing uses of hydrogen peroxide – you’ve probably never heard of. Note: make sure you use hydrogen peroxide to “HP” and the below uses the %3 concentration of HP that is often found in common stores rather than a %5 concentration)
- Destruction of viruses – yes, just 3 drops of HP in each ear, and let drain, will eliminate earwax and any viruses that like to fester such as “swimmers ear”.
- Elimination of pesticides – how to use hydrogen peroxide to eliminate pesticides? Well, it’s very simple – you just have to soak vegetables in ¼ cup of HP and 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. After rinse well, and store in the fridge (ensure that your vegetables are healthy and whole to prevent from solution sinking into the product)
- Kills off airborne germs – this is really amazing: you just have to mix 1 pint of HP with 1 gallon of water and pouring into a humidifier will kick airborne germs in the bud, cleansing your air!
- Clean toothbrush – according to the experts, leaving a moist toothbrush overnight isn’t the best for oral hygiene. So, you should soak your toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide solution and you’re good to go!
- Helps with foot fungus – this powerful ingredient can also help you with foot fungus as well. It’s very simple – you just have to mix together a 1:1 ratio of HP and water in an amber bottle and keep away from sunlight, apply to fungus directly.
- Remove organic stains – did you know that anything like sweat, blood, wine, or food stains can be dissolved with HP and a little laundry detergent? Sounds great, right? Well, you should try this trick tonight and share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- Protection from swimmers ear – well, you can cleanse your ear – as a preventative measure, rather than a one-time fix.
- Treat calluses and corns – how to use hydrogen peroxide to treat calluses and corns? Well, it’s very simple – you just have to mix equal parts HP and water and soak your feet to soften them.
- Eliminate boils – here’s what you need to do: just our one cup of 35% hydrogen peroxide into a bath and soak in the tub. That’s it and trust me – you’ll be amazed by the results.
- Skin cleanser – the experts also claim that the anti-bacterial properties of hydrogen peroxide can cleanse your face as well!
- Mouth rinse – this mixture will help you kill the mouth bacteria that cause bad breath and whiten your teeth as well!
- Wound cleaning and Disinfection – you should also know that small cuts and lacerations of course will be able to heal faster unhindered by debris and bacteria!
- Relieve toothache – here’s what you need to do: you just have to gargle with a mixture of coconut oil and hydrogen peroxide a remedy that has been said to relieve tooth pain swiftly!
- Sinus cleanser – hydrogen peroxide is also safe enough to enter your nasal passages and clean out your sinuses! And trust me – you’ll be amazed by the results.
- Body detoxification – here’s what you need to do: just 1 cup of 35% hydrogen peroxide in a bath for a 30-minute soak, and then shower as per usual!
- Household cleaner – hydrogen peroxide is also very useful and effective as a household cleaner! You can use it as a general, multi-surface cleaner!
- Contact lenses cleaner – here’s what you need to do: in a diluted solution of hydrogen peroxide, leave your contact lenses to soak in it overnight!
- Refresh reusable shopping bags – you should do some sanitizing with hydrogen peroxide, especially if you carry packages of meat that are not always tightly packed and give under duress!
- Glass cleaner – how to use it: well, you should allow hydrogen peroxide to sit on a mirror and bubble before wiping away!
- Lunchbox disinfector – Lunches that leak can provide a shock under the microscope, use hydrogen peroxide to cleanse it!
Well, there you have it guys. 20 amazing uses of hydrogen peroxide – you’ve probably never heard of. We really hope you find this article helpful and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You and have a good day!