POKEMON GO developers Niantic have themselves another mobile Pokemon game rival in the form of Magikarp Jump, which is out now on iOS iPhone devices.
Pokemon GO and developers Niantic has a bold new rival on their hands which is now available on iOS devices like the iPhone.
What’s more, it’s another Pokemon game, called Pokemon: Magikarp Jump.
For now the game is only available in the Italian app store, but it will likely be rolled out to other countries in the coming days and weeks.
Just like Pokemon GO, the game is free to download and relies on users paying for in-game Microtransactions to help make Nintendo and the Pokemon Company a profit.
Essentially you start off by being introduced to Professor Karp, who will introduce the world of Pokémon to you.
When you capature a Magikarp and you then complete missions which pits your Magikarp against other Magikarp to see which can jump the highest.
GameXplain has captured some footage from the mobile game which you can view below.
Here’s a little more information about the game courtesy … in truth we’re still a little confused…
• Buy decorations for your Magikarp tank which have various bonuses
• Microtransactions: 50 Diamonds: £0.9, 250 Diamond: £4.99, 550 Diamonds: £9.99, 1,200 Diamonds £19.99, 2,150 Diamonds £33.99
• After each world, you get a badge and the game will save an image for you to share about your victory. Currently, 6 badges to collect
• Pokémon you can unlock as support are Pikachu, Charizard, Snorlax, Slowpoke, Litten, Rowlet, Popplio, Piplup, Meowth and Bulbasaur. Poplup, Meowth and Bulbasaur unlock as you complete other worlds, the rest require purchasing
• When you lose, your Magikarp is released into the wild but it will sometimes come back in the background but you have to capture a new one and begin the world again.