Exercise and regular strength training are an important part of staying healthy. For women over 40, cardiovascular health is essential. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out which exercises are the best for staying in shape.
These weekly exercises will help to improve circulation and strength without putting too much strain on your muscles. Concentrating on form rather than speed during these workouts is the key to success.
Using slower movements and focusing more on getting your body in the right position will lower the risk of injury. As the body tends to slow down its healing process after 40, this is essential to a good work out. These 8 exercises are a must in that regard.
1. Tai Chi: Not only is Tai Chi incredibly relaxing, it is also a very low impact exercise that can help you concentrate on the movements of your body.
2. Squats: A classic workout that does not require a machine yet focuses on form, squats can be beneficial for strengthening your legs and your glutes.
3. Low impact cardio: Using an elliptical machine for regular interval training is a great way for women over 40 to maintain a healthy heart.
4. Lunges: Lunges are a great way to improve your leg muscles and keep them toned. There are several variations on this exercise that work on different parts of the leg.
5. Yoga: A classic exercise that involves stretching and maintaining form, yoga is an excellent choice for women over 40. It is also highly meditative and relaxing.
6. Strength training: Weight lifting doesn’t need to be so intense. Even just doing some bicep curls with 2-pound barbells can help improve muscle tone.
7. Planks: Planks are a great way to train for stamina and strength. Like lunges, there are many different plank variations that can build strength in different muscles.
8. Leg lifts: Leg lifts are a great exercise to work on keeping your form correct. They also help to improve strength in muscle areas that are often hard to work out.
We have join the fight against obesity, and we are happy to present you the:
It’s time to get personal!
In The Diet Handbook, we’re not going to give you a “one-size-fits-all” weight loss diet plan cooked up by some cracked-up marketing team. Instead, you'll discover how to lose weight in 2 weeks with simple instructions personalized for your unique body.
You’ll know exactly what to eat, how much, and when to eat it. Best of all, you can buy regular, affordable groceries at the store, not overpriced pre-packaged diet foods
- Discover which foods you must avoid at all costs if you want to become thin. Most people consume at least one of these foods regularly… and it’s sabotaging their weight-loss efforts.
- Plus, we’ll give you a list of the most delicious fat-burning foods in the world. We’re not talking about over-priced broccoli, either: this is tasty, affordable food that you can find in any supermarket!
- Get a super-simple plan for keeping weight off. Pounds lost with this system are pounds lost forever. No more yo-yo dieting. No more disappointing, magically appearing body fat. Live your life normally…without worrying about backsliding!