Pears are one of the world’s healthiest foods. The bad news is that they are oftentimes taking a back seat to more exciting fruits like the ubiquitous apple or the juicy pineapple. Forget that- if you’re looking for some real benefits, try a pear. Here are 10 things that happen to you if you eat 1 pear every day:
1) The health benefits of pears are unmatched. Did you know that a pear has about 11% of the daily recommended allowance of vitamin C. Of course, we are taught that oranges are the vitamin C captains of the fruit world, but pears are right up there! Vitamin C helps your immune system strength and helps to prevent infection.
2) On top of vitamin C, pears are great sources of dietary fiber. Dieticians everywhere tell you how much good fiber does for your body. Every pear has about 5-grams of fiber. If you eat enough of it (recommended amount is anywhere from 21-37 grams), you are giving your body the minerals and vitamins it needs to help digest food.
3) One pear a day will also increase your potassium level. Potassium is important because it helps your heart stay healthy. Potassium from pears helps to regulate heart beats and it can help with blood clotting.
4) Did anyone mention vitamin K? Vitamin K is another important element of health and pears offer quite a bit of it. Just one pear per day can provide valuable K vitamins and that means your eyes, bones and brains benefit. It’s recommended to ingest 90-120 micrograms of this vitamin daily. That valuable nutrient helps to bones retain their calcium. It also helps prevent artery hardening.
5) A pear a day can help prevent cancer too. The American Heart Association, AHA, promotes a-pear-a-day idea citing that it can reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
6) And then there are strokes…yes- pears can also decrease your chances of strokes! Pears contain healing agents that can reduce the chance of a stroke by up to 50%, according to the AHA. Considering that so many Americans are at risk due to bad dietary habits, cutting down on the chance of stroke by half is amazing.
7) Pears are delicious. Don’t forget the bottom line of a pear’s taste! They are sweet and good and can add a delightful snack for any time of day. If you’re bored with apples, bananas and avocado breaks, try pears. They can be an exciting change of pace. They can easily be incorporated into smoothies also to change things up even more.
8) Pears offer phenolic phytonutrients. Yes- it’s hard to pronounce, but that doesn’t mean phenolic phytonutrients aren’t good for you! These are found most readily in pear skins. Experts have long told people to eat skins for added nutrients and with pears this is definitely true. In fact, the skin holds about 50% of the total dietary fiber a pear has to offer.
9) Type-2 Diabetes can be staved off with the help of pears. Type-2 diabetes is a reality in today’s society. More and more people are being diagnosed with it and it is directly related to high-fat and high-cholesterol diets. Good new though- pears don’t have either! By substituting highly caloric snacks with pears, you can easily cut down your fat intake, cholesterol intake and sugar level on a daily basis. This can help keep you safe from diabetes.
10) More about juicing the pear…. When it comes to juicing, pears are a number one choice. The technical term of pear juice that has pulp is “high turbidity” juice. By incorporating the pulp, pear juice with high turbidity can help increase nutrients considerably. It’s delicious and sweet, but also offers a great health value.
If you doubted the power of the pear, don’t. It is one of the healthiest fruits available and if you incorporate it into your diet every day, you will be doing a great thing for your body. Just look at the list above and see how much value this fruit brings. It’s convenient to carry, delicious to eat and will improve your health. Next time you’re looking for a daily snack, look to the pear as your best choice.
We have join the fight against obesity, and we are happy to present you the:
It’s time to get personal!
In The Diet Handbook, we’re not going to give you a “one-size-fits-all” weight loss diet plan cooked up by some cracked-up marketing team. Instead, you'll discover how to lose weight in 2 weeks with simple instructions personalized for your unique body.
You’ll know exactly what to eat, how much, and when to eat it. Best of all, you can buy regular, affordable groceries at the store, not overpriced pre-packaged diet foods
- Discover which foods you must avoid at all costs if you want to become thin. Most people consume at least one of these foods regularly… and it’s sabotaging their weight-loss efforts.
- Plus, we’ll give you a list of the most delicious fat-burning foods in the world. We’re not talking about over-priced broccoli, either: this is tasty, affordable food that you can find in any supermarket!
- Get a super-simple plan for keeping weight off. Pounds lost with this system are pounds lost forever. No more yo-yo dieting. No more disappointing, magically appearing body fat. Live your life normally…without worrying about backsliding!