Before I was aware of essential oils, I would run to use an antibiotic ointment for every wound I got. Little did I know that what I was putting on an open wound was doing me no good. In fact, the ingredients in most over the counter wound ointments contain toxic chemicals. The EWG’s skin deep database has classified some ingredients to be endocrine disruptive and cause organ system toxicity.
What’s even more scary, is that antibiotic ointments may contribute to antibiotic resistance.
Try this super EASY-to-make skin support blend instead. It is totally FREE of toxic ingredients. Just make sure you are using a 100% PURE essential oil. (Neve buy an essential oil from your local drug store.)
This multi-purpose skin spray blend can be used for many issues like: dry skin, eczema, rashes, minor cuts & scrapes, diaper rash, bug bites, burns, bruises, and razor burn. It’s a great idea to have this blend handy!
Skin Support Blend Recipe
- 1 Glass, dark colored, spray bottle (2oz)
- Base oil Fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
- 15 drops Melaleuca essential oil
- Place essential oil drops into glass spray bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
- Spray onto area of concern as often as needed. Kids love this spray for owies because it doesn’t sting!