Ginger not only tastes good, it’s also super good for you.
Ginger is one of my favorite spices. I am constantly adding it to my signature dishes because it adds just a little bit of heat with just the right amount of spice.
Keeping a few ginger chews in your pocket, or purse can be a fast solution for the following symptoms:
- Treat nausea
- Treat motion sickness
- Treat morning sickness
- Reduce muscle pain
- Reduce soreness
- Reduce Inflammation
- Lower blood sugar
- Improve heart disease risk factors
- Relieve chronic indigestion
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Prevent cancer
- Improve brain function
- Fight infections
So if you’re looking for a way to incorporate more Ginger into your diet to fight any of the above mentioned illnesses, why not give yourself a sweet treat at the same time?
How, you ask?
Simple, try some Ginger chews, sometimes referred to as Gin Gins. They are small, round candies filled with the crispness of ginger, and a powerful satisfying flavor.
Do-it-yourself Ginger Chews
- 10 Soft Medjool Dates
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Natural Pure Almond Butter
- 5 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 6-12 drops organic ginger essential oil
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Coconut Sugar (Optional)
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides.
- keep blending and scraping until the mixture is smooth and dough-like.
- Line a bowl with saran wrap and scrape ginger chew dough into it.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Remove ginger chew dough from the refrigerator and roll into preferred shape.
- Place into parchment or saran wrap lined sealed tight container.
- Keep ginger chews in the freezer until ready to enjoy as there are no preservatives in this recipe and this keeps the chews firm.
Gin Gins are a great source of Ginger and they are especially good at curing symptoms of nausea and indigestion. Not only that, but they are easy to carry around in your purse, pocket, or coat. You know…for those just in case scenario’s. For me it’s when flying.
Tell your mom, tell your friends, bring them to work to share. Not only will you be providing a healthy, all natural candy, you will be providing the health benefits that come along with ginger.
Come on, you’ve got to admit, that sounds pretty good.
You don’t have to rely on ginger ale, or gingersnaps to get your ginger-fix.
These chews will not disappoint.